September 17, 2013

Almost Autumn


Grandson Peter (almost 4mo) with Opa

Hello everyone!  I promised a friend of mine that I AM coming back, and here I am!  I did say "mid-September" and it's the 17th so not bad, eh?! :) 

Did you have a good summer?  I did - busy but good.  We still have foster baby #2 and it's been great to have a little one in the house.  Plus our grandson - who is growing like a weed, seriously, he is! 

We had two summertime holidays plus a few days at the beach - weather-wise we had an odd summer with hot, hot weather then plummeting temperatures ... never sure how to dress and usually whatever I've chosen is the wrong thing, i.e. not warm enough, too hot. 

Health-wise I've been okay but not the best - had two more kidney stone attacks and didn't pass any stones (that I know of).  I think it's something to do with my higher-protein diet but my doctor says no.  I've been told to "keep them (the stones) floating" which is my strategy -- drink, drink, and drink some more (water).  I've been eating less protein and I think it helps, but not positive.  Anyone have any personal kidney stone stories/pointers/advice?  I've read all the internet advice already...
Our son & his family!
Last week we had a "end of summer getaway" at a friend's cottage - we took baby along and had a great time.  Met up with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson and I got to babysit grandbaby for the first time!  THAT was awesome!  He's so cute.  Foster baby is too and I wish I should share pics but I can't :( ... I totally understand why, but baby is such a part of our life now that it's hard to not talk about it or share ...

My weight - I'm happy to say - is down 4 lbs.  Nothing significant but I'm pleased.  Despite the silly kidneys and having a few more obstacles (baby) to getting my exercise in - I'm doing well. 

Let me know how you're doing and I hope to be back again soon! My goal is blogging here at least once per week. 

✿ To Health, Fitness and Faith! ~ Dawn
until next summer?

4 comments:

Tori said...

Hey There girly, so glad your back. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer, can't believe we're talking about summer In the last tense. Hey that grand baby is to die for, so cute. Your one blessed lady,
. Btw, so happy for your 4 lbs lost, don't worry, I found them! :0)

Lori said...

Welcome back. Good job on staying focused and losing 4 lbs with everything else that is going on in your life. I'm proud of you.
Lori

Michele said...

Glad to see you are back! The grand baby is super cute!

The Skinny on Staci said...

That boy is BEYOND adorable!!! I can't believe you've been withholding pictures from us for that long!!! :)