October 3, 2013

This and That

not very flattering - cold day and I had
sweat pants on and a sweatshirt -
but sunny and good stroller weather!
As you can see, I missed my "weekly" post last week but it couldn't be helped.  Last week was so busy - just too busy.  Simply put.  It was, however, a good week and I survived. 

After vacation time I've been trying to get into a bit more of a routine and I've done okay with it - not as well as I want to do, but satisfyingly well.  The areas that have gone well have been my at-home routine, getting my work done around here and staying on track with my eating.  Areas that I need to improve are getting my minimum 10,000 steps, which was easy prior to baby arriving, more difficult now.  (You'd think it would be easier with baby and a stroller, but it hasn't gone as planned due to baby's visits and getting ready for those, as well as baby needing naps when baby gets home.)  Another area is journaling my eating.  I know I'm more successful when I "write what I bite" but I've had a difficult time doing just that. 

So those here are my goals for the rest of the month: (1) get a minimum of 2,500 aerobic steps daily (M-S) and (2) journal my daily eating. 

As for my exercise - I've been trying to meet our daughter at the bus stop at the end of her day (I used to walk with her to the bus stop in the morning, if you recall) -- at least until the weather cooperates since I will take baby along.  Last week I aimed to do this every day and I accomplished 1x!  The other days I had a worker visit, I had to go pick up a part for my dryer, baby was sleeping.  I tried though. 

How is your daily routine going?  What works/doesn't work for you?

✿ To Health, Fitness and Faith! ~ Dawn

3 comments:

Tori said...

Maybe now that fall is here you'll be able to settle down a but and get back into your routine, I've never been very good at routines, they make me feel rebellious!

Lori said...

It sounds to me like you had real reasons for not meeting the goal, not trumped up excuses. Keep aiming for that goal and you'll get there.
Lori

Denny said...

And I saw that comment about "It's coming!" too. Yikes, huh? Soon that snow will be falling and I am not looking forward to it already.