|DH's fav - the beach and a good book|
I asked for an epidural! Yes I did. Oh pain. They gave me a shot in the hip and after a while I became coherant again. Too swollen (inside, outside looks fine) for an ultrasound but xray ruled out a fracture or something else. On anti-inflammatories for 5 days then ultrasound. Until then I'm treading softly and not going to the beach. The doc wonders if it's:
"Bakers Cyst" (this name makes me envision all the baked goods that I've ever eaten just hidden behind my knee and causing problems, hehe)
|the whole fam - circa july 2014!|
1. The best laid plans are just that: plans. Anything can change. At any time.
2. Family is the best. They pitch in when you need them most. So thankful.
3. Medical staff do an amazing job. Appreciate them. They put up with a lot, including hollering women in pain.
4. Health care coverage is awesome. Even if its broken and in need of repair, its great. This incident could have set us back financially yet we only had to pay the drug deductible.
5. Speaking of drugs, they are gooooood. (Nurse says they're "medications" - drugs are what you get on the street!) Even though I didn't get an epidural as I requested, nor did I get to take the needle nurse home with me, I did get "medication". Ohhh thank you Lord for technology to take pain away.
6. Speaking of pain, I understand the plight of those in chronic pain with much more empathy now.
7. I'm thankful that I'm still able to care for our little one - he makes me smile and is such a treat!
8. Grandchildren make me happy, even in pain. Me in pain, not them.
✿ To Health, Fitness and Faith! ~ Dawn